Women’s Wellness and Recovery Centre
Welcome to the only Women’s Wellness and Recovery Centre in Zimbabwe. P.H.O.E.B.E Zimbabwe is run by a team of dedicated volunteers and paid staff, with a common goal to promote health, empower, educate and connect women who struggle with psychosocial problems, such as depression and anxiety.
Women of all ages in Zimbabwe are taught to recognise psychosocial illness, causes, signs and symptoms and are empowered, educated and supported to overcome them.
PHOEBE Women’s Centre exists to:
- Empower women to take charge of and improve their lives, to provide opportunities for education around topics that are important to their mental health and wellbeing, and to connect them with the people, services and programs that will help them to do this,
- provide ‘hurting’ women in Zimbabwe with a sense of belonging to a community, so they don’t feel isolated in what they’re doing or going through.
For details follow links below,
- Theater Making and Performance
- Social Media Savvy
- Creative Connections
- Childrens Library
- Girls Self Esteem Project
- Food of Love Cookery Project
PHOEBE strives to work within a feminist framework. This means we strongly value and recognise the importance of women’s unique experiences and expertise. We acknowledge that women live in a society where many structures and systems can discriminate against them. We value working alongside women in a respectful and collaborative way which values diversity and choice.
We have volunteer roles for newly qualified professionals who wish to gain valuable and high quality experience in the following:
- Finance and administration Click here for job description:FINANCE_AND_ADMINISTRATIVE_OFFICER.I.
- Voluntary Roles
- Project Planning
- Occupational therapist
- Psychology degree holder
- Social Workers
- Delivery of self esteem workshops
Contact PHOEBE Zimbabwe to register to join our team or for further details on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 00 -263 -4492223